How to get started with kickboxing?
Try our kickboxing inspired workout from Quade Taranaki. Click the button below and give this workout a go!
The idea of sparring is to practice your kick boxing techniques with a partner. With your gym buddie throw as many punches as you can and learn off your mistakes if you don’t land a punch.
Always warm up prior to your workout. By warming up you will have your muscles ready so they aren’t stiff for the workout!
- Never take your eyes off your partner
- Keep your feet in your stance at all times
- Retract your punches back to your chin for protection
- Start at a slow & comfortable pace to reduce fear and flinching
- Always set your feet before you punch or kick
- Keep your distance from your partner, to simulate a real situation
- Throw combinations, the more you throw, the more you land
- Keep your feet moving in a rhythm
- Stay focused and controlled. No one wants to get injured.
Credit: Tiger Schulmann’s Sparring.